I'm far from understanding the news by audio sources. I'm doing it 2-3hours/day during weekdays. But it seems I need to listen to it more.
But I'm managing to get close to 100% understanding in from written material. Yes, it takes a while, I need the dictionary for it, but it is working.
And thanks to the news, my joyo count is raising quickly without extra effort again.
Reading and listening to the news is convincing me that the major obstacle of learning languages is vocabulary. It is simply a huge task. Way too many words. Grammar is not simple, but it fits for itself as you start to acquire more and more vocabulary.
Learning a vocabulary of 10.000 words, 30 words/day, takes a lot of time. And during that time, you'll have plenty of time to practice the other aspects of the language.
Lastly, the joyo count for today:
The 2465 seen cards in this deck contain:
- 1615 total unique kanji.
- Jouyou: 1482 of 1945 (76.2%).
- Jinmeiyou: 31 of 287 (10.8%).
- 102 non-jouyou kanji.
- Grade 1: 80 of 80 (100.0%).
- Grade 2: 159 of 160 (99.4%).
- Grade 3: 196 of 200 (98.0%).
- Grade 4: 186 of 200 (93.0%).
- Grade 5: 172 of 185 (93.0%).
- Grade 6: 165 of 181 (91.2%).
- JuniorHS: 524 of 939 (55.8%).