Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mandarin project begins!!

Ok, after French I'm now going for Mandarin.

I think I'll have more success now because I'll manage to do the study from Chinese to Japanese, that's it, I won't abandon Japanese, like I was more or less doing with French.

So for 1 week I watched Taiwanese TV and I'm already getting used to a few sounds. Unlike Japanese, Chinese sounds are really different from Portuguese and I'm finding them quite challenging to get used to.

Well, I grabbed this sentence pack (http://smart.fm/lists/132095) from last.fm and used the anki plugin to withdraw them. I now have a deck with 540 cards with 2 models.

Reading: Chinese sentence -> Japanese translation

Listening: Chinese audio sentence -> Chinese with Japanese translation

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Emilio!

Good luck with your new undertaking… how many more languages do you intend to learn?

Also, on a side note, since you write your posts in English, perhaps it would be nice if everything else was in English (e.g., I don't know for sure where to click right now in order to confirm my comment).

Anonymous said...

Hello, Emilio!

Good luck with your new undertaking… how many more languages do you intend to learn?

Also, on a side note, since you write your posts in English, perhaps it would be nice if everything else was in English (e.g., I don't know for sure where to click right now in order to confirm my comment).

Emilio Wuerges said...

A few more ^_^

Thanks for your suggestion. I was not aware that keeping the blog in Japanese might cause problems for inputting comments. No blogger wants that!