I'm doing fine reading the news. It depends of the article. Sometimes I might not need the dictionary at all, somemtimes I'm forced to look up more than 20 items.
Listening is not going so well. It is much harder to understand it listening. It's too much information compressed in so few words. I guess now it has been 4 months since I started the news operation, but I think I'll still need more 4 months.
On the other hand, anime and dorama are becoming very easy to understand.
Sometimes I don't need make any effort at all to get probably more than 95% of understanding.
I think this is finally triggering my output. I feel like soon I'll be able to construct my thought directly in Japanese. I'll try to write something once a week in my lang-8 journal to measure how I'm going.
Finally, the anki stats:
The 3210 seen cards in this deck contain:
* 1968 total unique kanji.
* Jouyou: 1737 of 1945 (89.3%).
* Jinmeiyou: 57 of 287 (19.9%).
* 174 non-jouyou kanji.
* Grade 1: 80 of 80 (100.0%).
* Grade 2: 160 of 160 (100.0%).
* Grade 3: 200 of 200 (100.0%).
* Grade 4: 199 of 200 (99.5%).
* Grade 5: 185 of 185 (100.0%).
* Grade 6: 180 of 181 (99.4%).
* JuniorHS: 733 of 939 (78.1%).
Protected: AJATT is Pragma Not Dogma
2 days ago