Wednesday, July 1, 2009

On how to learn Japanese: 2nd phase

I wanted to go to Japan, but today I assumed a great commitment. This commitment will keep me where I am for at least 3 more years.

Reaching fluency was an urgent matter, but now that things are different I'm here to announce the second phase of my Japanese learning.

I decided to stop worrying about how many hours, how many words, how much time, what dictionaries to use, what kind of input is best, how much I got better with how much time.

I'm glad with the Japanese I got until now. I discovered I can read manga and 小説 just for fun. And I'll keep doing that. For fun, not for learning purposes.

I'm confident that just by doing that, in a few years (not 18 months anymore, but just in time for my real goals), I'll be fluent.

No comments: