Saturday, February 7, 2009

Japanese Progress Report

Today while watching the episode 19 of Tales of the Abyss, I realized I was not chocking on unknown vocabulary anymore. 

I'm finally starting to get that native feel of vocabulary, where you only need to listen the word once to "get it". Like when you hear a new word in English and think "ah, this must be that", without looking it up. I had already experienced that many times while reading, sometimes while listening, but now it's turning into something usual.

Nevertheless, I'm feeling great about it.


3 comments:

Burritolingus said...

Man, that is awesome. I'm still at a point where I'm finding vocabulary difficult to remember, but it's CERTAINLY getting easier the more vocab I soak up. I've specifically noticed that I remember the "rhythm" of words - 約束 is a good example, I think. I can remember its rhythm always, I understand it when I hear it, but I have trouble producing it from memory. (Ironically, I just produced it from memory now, so maybe that sucker is finally learned, heh)

Emilio Wuerges said...

Ahaha, that's great to hear too.

Tibul said...

Thats great good to see you progressing well I'm also starting to find it easier to remember words the more i learn